Heaven is a city like San Francisco
Wouldn't it be wonderful to think heaven was a city like San Francisco? that would be just stunning. Blueberry hotcakes and lovely coffee would start everyday (are there days in heaven I wonder, or is it one long day/night?).
It's been a funny year 2006, a curate's egg- full of the best and the worst (like Dicken's reference to the french revolution in a tale of two cities, 'the best of times, the worst of times'. Some of the best things are entering my tenth year with Murat (well that is THE best thing really) and also finally finally leaving behind the PhD. Putting it up on the shelf and knowing I dont have to look at it ever again if I don't want to. Caro's passing was one of the worst bits. I miss her so much. It's the finality of it all really. I hope there is a heaven because if there is she is playing there, and I know will be busy chatting with many friends. I hope she is waiting for me when I make that trip.
Strange but being in SF recently really made me miss it enormously, just the whole way of life there in SF. I so enjoyed it. So 2007 approaches. Will it be a good one? I hope for all of us. For me, my post doc trip begins in a few weeks when I go to Salt Lake and then Albuquerque. I'm really looking forward to that I must say.. but of course, being back in nyc this time with Murat will be a joy. Happy New Year folks!
Comments