half way through already

It's weird trying to explain how things are here: it's SO intense, and I really felt sad when our Talmud group finished studying on Thursday; people had been so open, helpful, that sense of community and care, - 'all Israel is responsible for all Israel' (I forget the expression in Ivrit right now). We actually talked in our final group about how we might try to explain to our loved ones and others what we'd done in the Talmud group. And of course saying goodbye to hevruta partners too. I have a mental model of our learning of course, but it was so much more than that. Last night as I finished cooking my (now famous) curried carrot soup to take to friends for Shabbat supper, I heard the Shabbat siren go and wished I never had to leave this beautiful and amazing City ... anyways, I'm about to go to Shul (to the reconstructionist minyan at Hebrew Union College, with Shahar and Yona). More later chaverim, SHABBAT SHALOM! Rafael xx 17/07/10
Comments