So what's new?
What's new is that my liver biopsy is over - I have a large dressing on my right side and a piece of my liver is now residing in a lab across the the road at kings being looked at by boffins. Baruch HaShem it went well, from a point of view of the procedure - and now I just have to wait for the results, along with the results of the MRI scan (the nightmare procedure) of last week. So what is my view? Well the staff of Kings, from the lovely nurse (Alfred) who did the pre-assessment, to the lovely doc who did the biopsy two days ago were just great. Dedicated, professional, helpful and most importantly kind. They actually seemed interested in making sure I was monitored, comfortable and doing ok. It totally restored my faith in both Kings College Hospital and the NHS. Opposed to that bloody awful experience I had in the private clinic last week in Golders Green. I tell you, I thank G-d for people who devote themselves to the care of others. Yes, it's true to say that we are paid quite well these days (in comparison with days gone by) but still, theres much easier, less stressful and demanding work that one can do - yet still people work in the health and care field. G-d bless them, everyone.
People seem to get such a kick out of slagging the NHS off - but in these last few weeks that I have been unwell, flaring and generally being at the end of my tether they have been wonderful. I could not have asked for anything different or better.
People seem to get such a kick out of slagging the NHS off - but in these last few weeks that I have been unwell, flaring and generally being at the end of my tether they have been wonderful. I could not have asked for anything different or better.
Comments