things are starting to look up

This week already feels better than last week, Baruch HaShem. I started today (Monday) with a visit from one of my lovely pals from work, and a delivery from Australia (including a civil partnership invitation for two of my best friends, Nicky & Carolyn). How lovely. I made it into Shul this last weekend too, to the shabbat service. I realized just how much I'd missed it, and was delighted to be asked up for an Aliyah for the Torah reading. It just brought me back, to knowing that my life is in my hands, but also in the hands of HaShem, and that is a blessing. This morning I heard something on the radio (4) - a reading from Kahil Gibran's 'the prophet' about joy and sorrow - 'your joy is your sorrow unmasked, and the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears, and how else can it be? the deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain ... remember that when one sits alone with you at your board, the other is asleep upon your bed.

Anyways, it really moved me. as did the beautiful pink roses that Lynny brought and her company, and everything in this beautiful, sad but amazing world we live in.

Baruch atah Adonai, eloheinu melekh ha olam, shehechiani, v'kiamanu, v'higianu, lazman hazeh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping going and seeing the red in the leaves outside

Mishnah: Brachot uKlalot